Sunday, May 3, 2009

Father's Day 2006

Father's Day is Sunday, but in the U.S., and a few other countries. Most countries don't have the day or it is another time in the year. Often forgotten and always under appreciated dads don't receive the adulation moms do. It's "Sorry dad you aren't worth as much as mom" again this year. The National Retail Federation just put out a statistic on the amount the average gift buyer will spend on dad this year. it is $88.88. But mom received gifts averaging $122.16 on Mother's Day 2006.
To make matters worse when Americans were asked when Father's Day is, only about half could remember. Almost all of them know when Mother's Day is held. But wait! There is someone who appreciates dad after all. It's mom. 97% of all moms say that dad is just as good of a parents as they are. And the best thing about being dad is to be appreciated by one's children. Like most dads all I want from Jane is an "I love you" and a smile. That's worth all the gifts mom gets on Mother's Day.
Besides, to be the father of a child as wonderful as Jane is a gift every day of my life. I leave this subject with a cute quote on fathers by Mark Twain. "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years."
The list of "Hottest American Bachelors" is out for 2006 and I missed it again....Number one on the list is someone I have never seen, a 29 year old singer and winner of the TV program 'American Idol'. His name is Taylor Hicks , first according to the People Magazine's list of top ten. Other men on the top ten list include: actor Matthew McConaughey (His mom is from here and he has relatives from New Orleans and spends quite a bit of time here-a nice man and talented too) , Nick Lachey (the man Jessica Simpson divorced), Jake Gyllenhall (Who is that?), Kenny Chesney (the country music singer who had a five minute marriage to actress Rene Zellweger), Ryan Seacrest (that fellow everyone seems to hate and make jokes about), Jamie Foxx (Once arrested here in New Orleans for starting a fight with police officers), Owen Wilson (world's worst actor?) and Wentwood Miller (Another one I have never heard of).
Hmmmmmmm I would ask how many of those guys are less hunky than I...but you might hurt my feelings if you answer honestly

No comments:

Post a Comment