Friday, May 15, 2009

Too Much Or Too Little Christmas Spirit?

I am eating a slice of my Christmas fruitcake that sits atop my paper napkin with Christmas designs (a reindeer in the snow), and sipping from my Santa Claus mug filled with Christmas apple cider that is with cinnamon. Oh wait. Maybe I am over-Christmased with these little holiday baubles? Ah, if so and they brings me to tears, I can always blow my nose or wipe my sentimental tears from kleenex that comes in the Christmas designed tissue box (it has pictures of Xmas tree with presents underneath).
Yes, I am sucker for anything they sell with a Christmas theme. I have a Christmas tablecloth on my kitchen table to get me pumped up for as much Merry whatever as possible. I also have pretty Christmas designed dishes, even a Christmas sugar bowl and Christmas designed salt and pepper shakers. Of course if my table cloth doesn't get me in the holiday mood I can turn my head and look at the red Poinsettias I have nearby. And if that fails, the tacky decorations Jane and I have all over the house will surely raise my Christmas interest level higher than Santa can fly in his sleigh.
Am I overdoing all of this? Is my house a Christmas museum this time of the year? Hmmmmm Maybe. But then I haven't yet bought cheap Christmas curtains or those metallic message garlands that say "Ho Ho Ho". And I don't have Christmas centerpiece for my table? You can give me a lie detector test and I will pass when I promise you I own no Christmas designed sweatshirts or under pants that says "Squeeze Santa's .... here" (Maybe I should get that if it goes on sale). I did buy Jane a pair of soft red Christmas slipper socks with cute designs from the holiday season. I would like those but if I get a pair you'll suspect I am gay. But I rally am not (I never lisp when I say Merry Christmas) a gay elf.
Yes, I do think there are people who buy more of those things than I do? Maybe Christmas is my addiction (Better than those cell phones everyone else is glued to). What do you think? Should I keep my Christmas junk and spirit or should I get rid of it all and just start celebrating Hanukkah instead?
Ah, this is the season to be jolly, for love between and among us all. Well, in most cases it is. But not for one mom and grandma in Rock Hill, South Carolina. They took an extremely had line with their 12 year old son and grandson the other day. They had him arrested for opening one of his Christmas presents early. Haha It's hard to believe it but here is what happened that led to the 12 year old boy (mercifully, the names of all three of them were not disclosed by police) being arrested for petty larceny after opening his present.
The child's grandmother told him not to open his new Ninteno Game Boy Advance, which she had wrapped and placed underneath the Christmas tree. But when she awoke Sunday morning, Grandma was in a Scrooge-like mood as she saw present had been unwrapped and the game missing. Granny called the boy's mom and told her the boy took the present without permission. The boy's mom. who apparently is even more of a stinker than granny, called police to report the "theft".
Yep! Police said they had no choice but to arrest the child and book him with the crime. He was released immediately and returned to the terrible two (mom and granny) who apparently are still miffed and a bit crazy. Mom told police that she is fed up with junior (who has a long record of disciplinary problems) and will ask the state of South Carolina to take custody of him from her.
I think the child already has his best Christmas gift this year- separation from a dysfunctional mom and grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment