Sunday, May 3, 2009

Kid Lingo

Home Skillet! Dis off the chain. But tope, cause I'm cillaxin, not emo...in fact feel crunk, like a pile a cheddar.........Dude! You get me?
Ok, relax. I haven't finally had the total mental breakdown you expect me to have. I am just using some of the language kids use today, just to see if you are can speak that informal mess many kids chatter to themselves. Do you need a translation of what I wrote? Oh, man you busted! (sorry..I slipped into that dialogue again. maybe I am having the breakdown after all. Anyway, what I wrote above in that introduction translates to something on this order... "Hello dear (home skillet). This is odd (dis off the chain) but interesting (but tope), I'm not upset (I'm cillaxin), not being over dramatic (not emo). I feel great (in fact feel crunk), like a million dollars (like a pile a cheddar). Do you understand (Dude! Ya get me?)?
Thank God Jane speaks standard English in stead of that mess. In fact, the better educated the pre tee or teen, the more likely they will speak the standard dialect of the language. But it seems that everywhere ion the world teens crate a dialect of their own, to insulate themselves form the enemy (that's us) and to differentiate themselves as a subgroup. When I hear any of it spoken in public it is rather endearing and harmless. They will outgrow it in time and adapt to the standard language. They have to if they want to assimilate into the grown-up world. What about in your area? Is there much of this kind of dialect spoken in public. That intro I used only proves my mail could be even more confusing than already is. "You feel me? That's whut up. Just shizzle....
Get ready for smell-a-vision, or better stated, "smell-a film". It will soon begin in Japan, where movie audiences will sniff as they watch a new Hollywood feature film. It's "The New World", starring Collin Farrell. In that movie there will be smells synchronized within the film appropriate to each "smelly" part. For example, a floral scent accompanies a love scene (who said "love stinks!) in the form of a mix of peppermint ad rosemary that is emitted. or the smell of orange and grapefruit that is released in joyful segments of the movie.
There are more smells that you may also one day experience yourself at the film, but the idea is to engage the audience more deeply in the film. The odors waft from special machines under the seats in the back rows of the two theaters where the experiment is being conducted. Different odors are created and released by mixing oils that are stored in the machines. And this is not a one time only smelly show. The two theaters will be able to download from the Internet different scent sequences for other films that they show. Despite that this was tried and failed here in the U.S., the more efficient Japanese entrepreneurs are expected to make this smelly concept a successful innovation in movie going, anything but a "smelly proposition".
Gee, I hope those machines can take away the odor of that rancid theater popcorn, and of course, the BO of those fat smelly guys that always seem to sit next to me. Now that would be a meaningful movie innovation!

No comments:

Post a Comment