Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Secrets Revealed

Have you heard about the web site www.postsecret.blogspot.com? It has had more than 20 million hits in the past year, and is one of several that is a place for people to "confess" their dirty little secrets.
That's right. Anyone can go there and tell a horrible secret by writing them down on an unsigned postcard and sending them to whomever they wish. Every imaginable type of secret is being revealed there. Haha For instance, one person said s he had a desire to romp naked with her child's school librarian. Another came from a man who said he fed meat to his vegetarian sister. One lady said she gets nude and poses at night i front of her window so passengers in a train may take a look.
I went to the site and what did I see first! It was a picture of a beautiful girl who posted this secret. "I'm totally gonna bang my English teacher this year. Wish me luck." Hehe I hope she is in my class this term...Besides messages like that which give me hope, there are all kinds of interesting ones, some tragic, some dark, some funny. It is quite the slice of our darker side. The site gives instructions on how to submit a postcard with your secret. You are supposed to create a 4 by 6 inch postcard out of any mail able material and then write your secret, illustrated or not. The secret revealer then is asked to mail his or her secret to the address posted in the site. The site says it is all to help us " understand ourselves better and even to take actions, or change behaviors." So either go there to read and and then to reveal your secret, or just tell me all about it instead....
Haha Can't blame me for trying. Now that Jane is 12 years old she has been weaned from Barbie and Ken. Jane likes Polly and Brats Dolls now. But I have never forsaken the noble Barbie and Ken. And today I have news about those two! Mattel Inc., the maker of the two has announced that Barbie's boyfriend Ken is getting a make-over, calling him a "changed man" who exudes a "new sense of his own personal style." Well, it is long overdue. Ken is the only man (doll or real) less exciting than me. He is the ultimate dumb hunk, a pretty boy of no substance. Hmmmmmmm Do I sound jealous? Well, why does Ken get all the ladies and Jim never does anything but repel them. Hehe I should imitate Ken and get a make-over too! (No need to agree..).
Anyway, Mattel says that the new Ken has two new looks, the first aimed at making a love reconnection to Barbie. In that one, Ken wears fashionable torn jeans (You need to know about this! Pay attention) and a weathered motocross leather jacket (sounds a little kinky, huh?). In the second make-over look, Ken is the blonde beach boy the ladies always seek. He has "sun-kissed hair' and is a beach lathario of sort. So Ken is now a changed man for Barbie, deeper in soul and intellect than the former dumb Brad Pitt image he used to be. Ken is fashionable and polished now.
And I.....er.....I am still the same guy the ladies ignore. Some things will probably never change..Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment