Friday, November 11, 2016

Hollywood Exit

The heck with the joy of seeing Hillary Clinton defeated and headed away from the lives of Americans (but hopefully eventually headed to a prison somewhere) an even greater joy maybe that we will get rid of a batch of ignorant and annoying Hollywood celebrities. At least they have promised to take their unhappiness elsewhere.

Here’s a list of those celebrities who’ve promised before the election to leave if Trump won:

“Breaking Bad” star Bryan Cranston – “Absolutely, I would definitely move. It’s not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won’t.”
Actor Samuel Jackson – “If that motherf–—er becomes president, I’m moving my black ass to South Africa."
“Girls” celebrity Lena Dunham – “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this, but I really will. I know a lovely place in Vancouver.”
“House of Cards” actress Neve Campbell, already a Canadian citizen, has promised to repatriate herself.
“Orange is the New Black” actress Natasha Lyonne has picked a “mental hospital” for her political exile.
Cher – “I’m moving to Jupiter.”
Miley Cyrus – “I am moving if he is president. I don’t say things I don’t mean!”
Barbara Streisand – “I’m either coming to your country if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”
Singer Ne-Yo, like so many others, plans to bug out to nearby Canada.
Comedian Amy Schumer – “I will need to learn to speak Spanish, because I will move to Spain or somewhere.”
Chelsea Handler – “I did buy a house in another country just in case. So all these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t – I actually will leave that country.”
Former “Daily Show” host Jon Stewart’s getaway plan is among the more extreme. He’s planning on “going to another planet,” although he did not specify a particular planet.
Whoopi Goldberg – “Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go.”
Keegan-Michael Key’s planned exile to Canada doesn’t sound like too much of a hardship – “It’s like, 10 minutes from Detroit. That’s where I’m from; my mom lives there. It’d make her happy too.”
Comedian George Lopez is the only future emigre who’s vowing to move South. Indeed, he says Hispanics will “all go back.”
Ali Wentworth, wife of ABC newsman George Stephanopoulous, said, “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”
Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg – “Now it’s time for us to move to New Zealand” (she’s already backtracked and apologized).
Al Sharpton has plans for destinations unknown and says he has been “reserving my ticket out of here.”
Comedienne Amy Shumer swears she will move to Spain.  "It's beyond my comprehension is Trump wins"

With a list like this leaving the United States will upgrade itself dramatically. Of course Hollywood phonies promise often.  They're still  here and they are still annoying us with their stupidity. We peasants from non Hollywood have been waiting since 2000, for example, for Alec Baldwin to keep his "unequivocal" promise to move. Quit promising and lying like Hillary, you phony. Just go! And three of those "stars", rocker Eddie Veder, actor Matt Damon and director Robert Altman were supposed to go long ago, they said, in the same boat. They haven't, but it they do I hope for the sake of whatever country will get them that the boat will sink on the way. But the top Hollywood "I will go" phony must be Barbara Streisand, who promised to leave in 1992 after the Bush Sr/ Bill Clinton election.

Sigh...she's still here.

No comments:

Post a Comment