Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gotopless.com

It's time to get it off your chest....err...or I mean to show our chest. That's what Gotopless.org says you should do anytime you wish. No, I am not fixated on breasts. In fact, they don't do anything to excite me. I stumbled over the Gotopless thing because a spam mail asked me if I was going to bear my breasts on August 21 (Go Topless day). I know I am a little chubby, but I didn't think that organization noticed my breasts. Maybe they sent it to the wrong person. I'll refrain from baring my breasts to avoid scaring the children...


Anyway, the Topless group has an interesting philosophy as to why women should be able to walk around with their shirts off. "As long as men are allowed to be topless in public, women should have the same constitutional right. Or else, men should have to wear something to hide their chests" Rael, founder of Gotopless.org and spiritual leader of the Raelian Movement said in a policy statement.


This Gotopless group is a new one, started a few years ago, and it uses August 21 as the day to challenge laws that allow men to be topless but not women. They call their 2012 march the "2 Million Boob March in Washington D.C." Hmmmm two million giggling boobs should attract a big male following. Go topless equates being able to go bare chested with a woman's right to vote. I am not sure it is that important, but many men might also fight for that right of females to show it all. Interestingly enough, in both my past and current homes, New Orleans and Portland, the law is more permissive and allows women to be bare breasted in certain places and times. But other than at Mardi Gras time in New Orleans, I haven't seen this "freedom" on display.


Surely, there are more important things to worry about than whether breasts should be bared in public. Gotopless.org claims the constitutional right of women to go topless in public is in the name of gender equality. I am not sure "constitutional rights" is the proper term for that showing breasts, but if you agree with their creed you can sign the Gotopless petition and even show yours while doing it. They claim a modest goal of seeking 10,000 signatures on their petition, and have only about 6800 signatures so far (I wonder how many men signed it). I might sign too... but only if they let me sign on their breasts....

No comments:

Post a Comment