Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Foxfire Wins

Other than being a little tired from working the TV series the day before I left for Portland and the long plane ride to it I am fine. I had so many errands to run today and tomorrow I will start unpacking what I repacked last time.

Jane is in New Orleans now, in school. She won't come here until next school year. And I am in Portland just about 2 1/2 weeks to work on getting the house ready and also enjoying myself a little. Then I will head back to New Orleans.

Interesting comparison to make as to browsers. I am using Jane's old computer (it has only 1 /2 gig of memory and is slower as a result) which had explorer on ti as the browser. because that runs so slow I downloaded Firefox last time I was here. Now when run together Firefox is twice as fast as Explorer. Explorer seems like an old dinosaur and Firefox an eager pup. Anther thing to note in its favor is that firefox uses spell check at every site the user visits.

I never liked Explorer because it is filled with problems, too large and ambitious, and susceptible to viruses. Score a victory for Firefox. No doubt most of the other more commonly used browsers run faster and better than Explorer too.

Still I wish Netscape were alive and updating It always was the best browser and the most user friendly. Since Netscape ended about a year ago the lack of updates makes it, apart from the mail program (which is not dependent on updates due to the technical simplicity of sending and receiving E mail) almost impossible to use.

No comments:

Post a Comment