Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's On TV Today

I know why I seldom watch TV. Today I was looking at my newspaper. It has a weekly 'Focus Forum' that lists the TV program on the nearly 100 TV stations on air for the coming week, along with a description of what the episodes are about.
Some of the shows seem bizarre to me (and most a waste of time). For example, here are 10 randomly morning shows on one day, Sunday, this week. There are many more than these, each being a reason to keep the TV set turned off
1) 'Beat Charlie Moore'- It doesn't say who Charlie is or at what activity one should beat him. I guess that I should know that already.
2) 'A Guy Thing'- This is a movie on a regular television channel, not an adult rated channel . The description is strange. It says, "A groom-to-be wakes up next to his fiancee's cute cousin." Haha I guess this is an educational film.
3) 'Hispanics Today'- One of many special interest channels. That one is all in Spanish.
4) 'Feed the Children'- No description on this one either. I wonder what they are feeding those kids. Why are they feeding, and can I have the leftovers.......
5) 'Changing Your World'- Again, the reader must use his imagination to figure out what this program is about. There is no description. I was not aware that I had a world of my own, so I guess I should watch this program to see where it is.
6) 'Ask This Old House'- I haven't yet started talking to a house (though my sanity is in doubt), so I'll surely skip this show.
7) 'Travel Sick'- No kidding. That's the name of the show. It supposedly tells you how to travel when you are sick. I say "Stay home, until you are well."
8) 'Real TV'- I guess this show is in answer to "Unreal TV' or whatever............
9) 'Fairly Odd Parents'- This one can't be about me because I am a "completely" odd parent.
10) 'Jeeper's Creepers'- This is a movie. the description says it all. "A flesh eating entity pursues sibling college students". While I agree that some college student should be eaten, I think making a movie about it is too much for me.
Sigh.... Today I think I'll trade in my TV for a radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment